Friday, June 5, 2009

This is Ginger. She is a 7/8 yr old Montana Traveler mare. Approx. 14.1 HH. I broke this pretty little chestnut as a 3 yr old. I can't remember if that was 4 or 5 years ago. I never had any trouble with her and we did all kinds of arena work and rode up in the mountians near my home.She is soft and gentle and an absolute beauty! We took her out of the big pasture today, same as Peanut (below) and she let us halter her and load her with no resistance at all. This impresses me because as far as I know no one has messed with her since I brought her back to Chucks 4 or 5 years ago. She was quiet and content for the serious grooming/ detangeling session before we rode and she was co-operative for her feet and saddle. She remembered her ground work well. After a moment of nerves when I went to get on her, (nothing nasty, just a little dancing around) she settled right down and went to work for me. She was working her bit alot, so I'm sure the Tom Thumb I put her in was to much, but she still worked well with no serious upset. I'll put together an egg-butt snaffle to fit her pretty little head next time, so she is more comfortable. I'm confident that with a week or so of tune up this mare will be trail ready!













No comments:

Post a Comment