Friday, June 5, 2009

This is Peanut. He's a 10 yr. old quarter horse gelding, approx. 14hh. He is smart and curious, and is the first to come to see whats going on. He has been ridden off and on for years. Today we drove out to the big section, put a halter on him and loaded him up in the trailer.He seemed excited to do something.The first time I rode him, I was under the impression that he was broke but needed a tune up, so I was a bit frustrated with what I saw as his unwilingness to try for me. I called Chuck to talk about this and was told that Peanut was in fact not broke at all, not even to saddle. So this sweet stubborn little thing wasn't refusing me, he just had no idea what I wanted! We got along much better after that. Besides being overweight from years on pasture at his leisure, he is a handsome little thing. His left ear is slightly mis-shapen, but I find it endearing. Im hoping to find the perfect partner for Peanut, some teeaged child or smaller adult, that can appreciate his laid back, and in your pocket attitude.











No comments:

Post a Comment